In this article, we will explain the process of changing the WiFi network on your Google Home Mini. As you all know, Google Home Mini is a handy smart speaker that can be controlled with your voice even in a wide range and is connected to your home network. Suppose you are looking for a location change, facing connectivity issues, or considering upgrading your WiFi network. In that case, you are at the perfect place, as it is crucial to know about changing the WiFi on your Google Home Mini. So, let’s dive in and learn how to change WiFi on Google Home Mini.
Overview: Google Home Mini
Google Home Mini is a smart speaker powered by Google Assistant, which allows you to listen to your favorite music, access smart devices and make you able to perform multiple tasks by your voice commands. It is necessary to connect this mini speaker to your Home WiFi Network to ensure its proper functionality.
Reasons to Change WiFi on Google Home Mini
There could be several reasons that might lead you to change WiFi on Google Home Mini. Some of them are:
- Relocating to a New Place: If you move to a new home or an office that has a different WiFi Network, then you are required to update the WiFi setting on your Google Home Mini
- Changing the WiFi Connection: If you have changed or upgraded your internet service provider or have installed a new router with a different connection, you need to get connected to the new network for better performance.
- WiFi Network Connectivity Issues: There could be possibilities when you might be facing problems with your current WiFi. In such a case, changing to a different network can easily help troubleshoot the issue.
Things to Know Before Changing the WiFi Network on Google Home Mini
Make sure you have the following things handy before changing the WiFi settings in Google Home Mini:
- Network Suitability: It is important to know that the WiFi Network that you want to connect to is compatible with your Mini. The WiFi frequency should be 2.4 GHz as the Google Home Mini does not support networks of 5 GHz. Also, check that you have a stable and reliable network connection.
- Google Home App: Make sure to install the Google Home App on your device. The app guides you through the process of how to set up and connect your Google Home Mini to a new WiFi Network.
- Reset the Device: If your Mini has already been set up on some other WiFi Network and you want to switch to a new network now, ensure to reset your device.
- Reconfiguration: Once you have reset your Mini, you will be required to set it up again using the Google Home App. The process involves connecting to a new WiFi Network, linking your Google Account and configuring other settings.
- Connected Services: If you have devices already connected with your Google Home Mini, such as some smart home devices or music streaming services, you may require to reconnect them after switching your network connection.
How to Change WiFi on Google Home Mini?
To change the Wi-Fi network on your Google Home Mini, follow these instruction orderly:
Step 1: Ensure a Stable Internet Connection
Make sure that your smartphone and tablet are connected to a Wi-Fi connection that is completely reliable and stable so that you can connect Google Home Mini to the app properly.
Step 2: Navigate to Google Home App
Open the app on your smartphone or tablet. If you don’t have the app already installed on your device, you can easily download it from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).
Step 3: Go through the Device Settings
Click on the “Settings” icon located in the top-right corner of the app’s home screen and select the device through the list of different available devices and select the Google Home Mini you want to change the Wi-Fi network for.
Step 4: Change Wi-Fi Network
- After selecting the Google Home Mini, you can now go to the device settings.
- In the device settings menu, look for the “Wi-Fi” option and tap on it.
- You will see the current Wi-Fi network that your Google Home Mini is connected to.
- Tap on the network name to view the available Wi-Fi networks in your vicinity.
- Select the new Wi-Fi network you want to connect to and enter the password.
- Then click on “Connect” or “Join” to establish a successful connection.
Once connected, your Google Home Mini will be linked to the new Wi-Fi network, and you can start using it with the updated settings.
Troubleshooting WiFi Connection Issues on Mini
There is a possibility that you may face some difficulties while changing the WiFi network on your Google Home Mini. Most people face these 2 common issues, and their solutions are also given below:
Issue 1: Unable to Connect to New WiFi
If you are not able to connect Google Home Mini with the new WiFi network, then you must try the following steps:
- Make sure that the password you entered for connectivity is correct.
- Take Google Home Mini closer to the WiFi router for a strong signal connection.
- Try to restart or reset your Google Home Mini and perform the WiFi setup process again.
Issue 2: WiFi Disconnection During the Process
During the process, if the Wifi gets disconnected from your Google Home Mini, then you can try these steps:
- Your Wifi connection must be stable and strong,also check that the other devices are connected with the WiFi.
- Repeat the process after restarting the Google Home Mini Device.
- Restart the WiFi router and start the process again if problems continue to arise.
- You may visit the official Google Home support website or contact customer support for further assistance.
By now, you all must have noticed that it is not a difficult task to Change WiFi on Google Home Mini. It is an easy and straightforward process. Whether you’re moving to a new location, upgrading your WiFi, or troubleshooting connectivity issues, following the steps outlined in this article will help you seamlessly update the WiFi settings on your device. Enjoy the convenience and functionality of your Google Home Mini on the new network!
Can I change the WiFi network on my Google Home Mini using a computer?
Ans: No, you can only change the WiFi network on your Google Home Mini by just using the Google Home app on a smartphone or tablet.
Will changing the WiFi network affect my Google Home Mini’s settings or configurations?
Ans: Changing the WiFi network will only update the network connection and will not affect your device’s settings or configurations.
Can I connect my Google Home Mini to a hidden WiFi network?
Ans: It is a very simple process. You just need to manually enter the network name (SSID) and password during the setup process.
Is it possible to change the voice on Google Home Mini?
Ans: Yes, of course! You can easily change the voice on Google Home Mini through the Assitant Settings. Google Home provides you with different voice options which include the celebrity voices as well.
Is it necessary to reset my Google Home Mini before changing the WiFi network?
Ans: In most cases, it is not required, but it can be helpful. Simply following the steps mentioned in this article should suffice.