You’ve finally found a gap in your schedule, and now it’s time for some Netflix and chill. You are all set to watch the new web series everyone’s been talking about on your LG TV. A perfect setup, right? But then, boom! Netflix isn’t working. It’s like being all dressed up with nowhere to go. But don’t let the glitch steal your free time from you. We’re here with an easy step-by-step guide to fix Netflix not working on LG TV. Let’s dive straight into the quick fixes, shall we?
Are you a Cinephile? Are you fond of watching movies or series? What else would be best for you rather than Netflix? Yes, you heard it right! Netflix is the best OTT platform that has thousands of TV shows, web series, and movies along with documentaries and Netflix originals, which are quite awesome to watch. It also supports all kinds of genres, from comedy to horror, making sure that there’s something for everyone. It is a subscription-based platform where you will be charged every month based on the plan you choose, and you get a seamless streaming experience.
Reasons For Netflix Not Working on LG Smart TV Issue
Before getting into the troubleshooting steps, you must know the actual cause of LG Smart TV Netflix problems.
- There might be a problem with your WiFi/internet connectivity.
- Either your TV or Netflix App needs to be updated.
- There are some problems with the Netflix account, like account suspension or subscription has expired.
- Your LG TV model might not support the Netflix app.
- Accumulated cache and cookies that are stored over time can cause issues.
- In the case of traveling, local restrictions to access the content may arise.
- There can be a problem with the HDMI or other cables or ports.
- Netflix servers might be facing issues due to heavy usage.
You can resolve Netflix on LG Smart TV not working issue by following the troubleshooting steps below.
Best Resolution for Netflix Not Working on LG Smart TV
There is a very famous quote saying “No matter how difficult the problem is, there’s always a solution to it.” Just like that, we are here with the best methods that will help you in LG Smart TV troubleshooting Netflix very quickly. Let’s proceed with that:
#1 Fix: Ensure Having a Strong Internet Connection
Most of the time, poor internet connection makes Netflix frozen on LG TV, making the app unable to work correctly on your smart TV. Here is what can be done to fix this:
Firstly, you need to check the status of your internet connection on different devices like your phone, laptops and tabs, etc. If the network is slow, immediately contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), and they will fix the issue.
Secondly, if, the Network is working on all other devices other than LG TV, then
- Navigate to Settings on your TV
- Check whether your LG TV is connected to the WiFi.
- If not, then connect it to the WiFi by selecting your Network.
- Enter the password, and this will connect you with the Network.
Once you are connected to the network, you can re-access Netflix and start watching your favorite content.
#2 Fix: Check The Netflix Account Status
If your internet connection is perfect, but you are still facing the issue of Netflix frozen on LG TV, then you can check your Netflix account subscription. Ensure your subscription is active and the payment method is working, too. Moreover, if you are sharing your account with someone, check whether the other user has exceeded the number of simultaneous streaming.
If everything is fine from your end, then you can proceed further with the other LG Smart TV troubleshooting Netflix options.
#3 Fix: Check Whether the Software Requires Updates
Outdated software can also be one of the reasons for the Netflix app not working on LG TV and other Netflix-related issues like Netflix not working on Roku TV. In order to update the software of your LG Smart TV:
- Go to the settings by pressing the Settings button.
- Look for the General Option and choose About this TV.
- You will see whether the updates are available there.
- If any updates are available, you can follow the instructions on your screen to proceed further to download the software update.
Once your software is updated, restart your system and use Netflix again to check if the problem is solved.
#4 Fix: Check the Server Status of Netflix
If you still face any issues with the Netflix app not working on LG TV, it can be caused by server problems that Netflix rarely faces. Don’t panic; the best thing you can do is to check whether Netflix is working on other devices. You can also check the server status on the Official Page of Netflix. If this problem still occurs, you might have to wait for the servers to work again. To know more about that, you can also check the server status on social media accounts such as Twitter.
#5 Fix: Clear Cache And Cookies of the App
Apps like Netflix may store some cache and cookies over time. It causes the issue of LG Smart TV Netflix problems. In order to clear the cache:
- Go to the settings and click on Apps on your LG Smart TV.
- You will see a list of installed apps; choose Netflix.
- Click on Storage and then Clear Cache/Data.
Once the process is done, open Netflix again and try to watch any content to ensure the app is working.
#6 Fix: Update Netflix on LG Smart TV
Are you also thinking about updating Netflix on your TV? But do you know how to update Netflix on LG Smart TV? Well! We are here to explain to you:
- Go to the LG Content and click on Apps.
- Find Netflix and click on Update.
- This will install the latest Netflix version on your TV.
- If you can’t see any option to update the app, then the newest version must already be installed on your LG Smart TV.
#7 Fix: Uninstall and Reinstall the Netflix App
Some files and data get corrupted on your TV, and it makes Netflix not working on LG TV. However, we have come up with an easy solution for your issue, that is, deleting and downloading the Netflix app again on your TV.
In order to uninstall Netflix from your TV:
- Press the Home button on your remote, and it will open the Launch Bar.
- Select the list of Edit Apps.
- Find and select Netflix.
- Select a Trash icon.
- Click on Yes to uninstall the app from the device.
In order to install Netflix on your TV again:
- Open the Launch Bar as stated above.
- Click on the Apps option and look for the Search icon.
- Search for Netflix, click on the result, and select Install.
- This will install the app again on your device.
#8 Fix: Restart Your LG Smart TV
Restarting the LG Smart TV is another easy method that will help you to resolve Netflix not working on LG Smart TV and other issues like Netflix not working on Vizio Smart TV. There are two methods to do it. Let’s discuss both of the methods one by one:
For this method, you need to press the Volume Down and Power Button together for 12 seconds, and this will restart your LG Smart TV in no time. If the method doesn’t work, you can try the second method.
- Turn off your TV and remove the cable from the power plug.
- Wait for a minute and connect the cable back to the plug.
- Turn on your LG Smart TV again and check whether you can stream your favorite movies and TV shows.
#9 Fix: Reset the LG Smart TV
Well! Don’t worry if you are still facing Netflix on LG Smart TV not working. You can reset your LG TV to its factory settings. To do it:
- Go to the settings on your LG Smart TV.
- Look for the General option and Click on Reset to Original Settings.
- Now, you can follow the instructions provided on-screen in order to reset your LG TV.
When the reset is finally complete, you must restart and set up your LG TV again and check if Netflix is working on your TV.
We can understand how you feel when you face the issue of Netflix not working on LG TV. But you can quickly solve the problem by following the above guide. If, even after trying all the methods mentioned above, you are still facing the case; you can try contacting either the Netflix support or the LG support team. Their expert team will guide you through the troubleshooting process and you can enjoy watching your favorite web series and TV shows in no time. Happy Streaming 🙂
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to restart Netflix on LG Smart TV?
To restart Netflix on LG Smart TV, you need to open the Netflix app on your LG Smart TV. Select the “Options” menu with your remote and scroll down to the lower left menu. Click on Exit, and then reopen the app to restart it.
How to Reset Netflix on LG Smart TV?
If you want to reset Netflix on LG Smart TV, you must log out of all the accounts on Netflix and then log in again, or uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app on your LG TV.
How to log out of Netflix on TV LG?
You just have to open Netflix on your LG Smart TV, navigate to the Settings, and click on the Log Out option; and you will be logged out of your Netflix account in no time.